Google Ads is Google's online advertising platform that allows you to create online ads to reach audiences interested in the products and services you offer. The platform works on a pay-per-click (PPC) basis, meaning that you have to pay each time a visitor clicks on your ad.
Hotel marketers rely on Google Ads as a promotional platform because it allows them to do so :
- Attract more travelers by placing ads where people actually go to find information, i.e. on Google.
- Advertising to a local and global audience.
- To be able to segment and personalize messages according to the hotel and the context.
Think of the Google Ads platform as an online marketplace, where companies pay for their ads to be ranked at the top of the search results page, or prominently displayed on other websites.
In July 2018, Google Ads, previously known as AdWords, updated not only its brand name but also some of its advertising capabilities. The new Google Ads platform merges several advertising capabilities to provide more accurate information to the public through machine learning.
The updated Google Ads platform is divided into two categories:
- Search Ads 360: includes text ads that are displayed in the search engine results page (SERP).
- Display & Video 360: includes ads displayed on a large number of websites through internet and YouTube applications.